(Lesson two of the daily devotional, God loves you and me)
- Day 7 - Sin and its consequences of the devotional God loves you and me talks about Adam's and Eve's disobedience of God's command in Genesis 2, which brought the consequences of sin into the world. It describes the concept of bad and where it came from. Also the importance of trusting God is discussed.
- Day 8 - We are all sinners of the devotional, God loves you and me uses Romans 3 to teach us that we are all sinners and why. It also explains how doing one sin can alter, control and change our lives for the worse.
- Day 9 - God knows all things and is always there of the devotional, God loves you and me talks about God knowing all things and always being there. It discusses the feelings and thoughts that came after the first sin and the impossibility of hiding things from God even though people try.
- Day 10 - Adam and Eve chose death instead of life of the devotional, God loves you and me talks about Adam's and Eve's rebellion against God that brought death into the world. It defines spiritual and physical death. It discusses how God is the source of life and wants us to have eternal life, but we can choose eternal death just like Adam and Eve.
- Day 11 - Sin brings punishment of the devotional, God loves you and me talks about sin bringing consequences because we are disobeying God's laws and rebelling against Him. It discusses death and eternal punishment (hell). It also teaches the importance of holiness from God's perspective.
- Day 12 - The justice and righteousness of God of the devotional, God loves you and me explains since justice and righteousness are God's characteristics, He has to fairly and rightly deal with all disobedience. If He did not He wouldn't be just or righteous. It also explains since God doesn't want to punish you for your sin, He came down from heaven to take the punishment for your sin upon Himself when He died on the cross. He did this so you can have His righteousness, and to satisfy His just anger against your sin.
- Day 13 - God solved the problem of sin through Jesus Christ's sacrifice of the devotional, God loves you and me teaches that something had to be done about sin in our lives and that something had to come from God. It explains, starting in Genesis, that God had a loving plan of how to take care of our sins by the shedding of blood. It also discusses why forgiveness of our sins must come from the shedding of blood, from Jesus Christ's sacrifice. It defines the concept of atonement, and Jesus being our substitute. It also defines the words expiation and propitiation.
- Day 14 - God is unchanging and faithful of the devotional, God loves you and me explains God is unchangeable, immutable which means He is always the same. It also discusses how hard changes can be for us. It explains that God is Faithful: that what He says He does, that He keeps His promises and is trustworthy. It also discusses how important being able to trust is to our psychological health.
Days 7 - 14 in the devotional God loves you and me talk about the following topics: How sin and its consequences came into the world. We are all sinners and why. The knowledge of good and bad or evil is defined. Where spiritual death and physical death came from and what they are. Why is there a hell or eternal punishment? Where does eternal life come from? It ends with the principle of atonement being explained, and what it means that Jesus shed His blood for us. It talks about how and why God's love solved the problem of sin through Jesus Christ's sacrifice. It discusses more of God's characteristics.
return to the Table of Contents